Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shak-a-Tale

Mamma, you remember the shark?
No.

Remember in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka? You only played on the beach there.

Ahhhh, Ummmm, not Sri Lanka?
Not Sri Lanka?

Then where?
Australia, I think, maybe Byron Bay.

Yes, Ozztraylia.
Didn't you see whales there?

No, no it was a shark. A very big one. See my hand. Like this.

Oh!
Not a whale?

No, shark, shark, big shark.
What did it do?

It jumped like this, then like that.
THEN?

Then it jumped over our ship.
Ship? Wasn't it a boat?

No, it was a ship.
Ok, it was a ship, then what did it do?

It jumped and jumped, then turned our ship.
Goodness, you fell into the water. Did you?

YES!
Then what happened?

Then we started swimming.
But you can barely float.

I was swimming, Daddy was swimming, Diddi was swimming.
Really?

Then the ambulance came. The shark was behind us.
The shark was behind you and the ambulance in front, what happened?

The shark opened the big, big mouth then we were inside it.
Oh no, I am so scared!

Then the doctor came, he opened the shark's mouth.
WOW!

He opened the mouth, then he pulled us out, we were inside ambulance and we went to hospital.
And then you were alright?
Yes, Mamma see me now, I can swim the sharks.

Dhruv, did it really happen, now?
Yes, Mamma, shall I tell you again?