Sunday, October 7, 2007

UBUD WITH THE KIDS

We were very, very busy at Ubud.

I had my sessions, the kids had their workshops. And there were plenty.

In a telling statement, Aneesha said "I need a break" and took a day off during the festival only to emerge re-energised for Kirsty's session.

There she created a character all of 10, a journalist who read a lot of books, who sounded a lot like me albeit with long black hair.

When I asked if I was her inspiration, if not her guide, she responded:
"No, your hair is brown, orange and white."

Considering it was uttered in the presence of an award-winning author, I can already see the line travel.

There were several other Aneesha moments, which found their way to my sessions. It was great fun all round.

Dhruv made it to record books by repeating family history by burning his leg courtesy the motor-bike silencer. Since Nick was missing this time round, he kept his clothes on. Though, we never did get another invite from Dirty Duck. No, we didn't mind the slight, we soaked in all of Casa Luna's nuggets and drank all the orange juice we could. And before we packed our bags, we did what good tourists do - take the stroll down Monkey Forest Road, shop at the Pasar, hang out at Casa Luna and return with more than a bagful of tales. Interested?